Puppy preschool is a critical aspect of raising an obedient and well-adjusted dog. Not only is it an important socialisation tool, it allows your puppy to learn good behaviour and some common commands and it’s also LOTS of fun for you and your dog!
The Importance of Socialising your Puppy
From the moment a puppy opens their eyes they begin interacting with the world around them, learning what is safe and what is scary. That’s why, in contrast to traditional dog training, socialising your puppy is important. Exposing your dog to other puppies, people, environments, signs, smells, and other animals helps your new pup to feel comfortable with its surroundings as it grows up.
After 16 weeks of age dogs can become very cautious and may display poor behaviour if they have not been well socialised. Of course it’s possible to teach an old dog new tricks but it’s much easier to socialise your puppy from a young age! That’s why our puppy preschool program is perfect for new dog training.
What Does Puppy Preschool Cover?
If you train your new puppy at Lockyer Avenue Vet Hospital you and your puppy will learn:
- basic obedience/dog training – sit, stay, come, drop, walking on a lead
- nutrition – what should your puppy eat?
- toys and games to keep your puppy busy and prevent separation anxiety & boredom
- toilet training your puppy
- dog dental care
- health care
- your puppy will leave our class having 4 fun veterinary visits, which puts them in good stead for future vet visits.
- puppy classes are a great forum to discuss all aspects of your puppies care and behaviour, including some of the trials and tribulations of life with your new pet!
Puppy Training in Albany
Contact Lockyer Avenue Vet Hospital to find out when the next puppy preschool classes are being held: (08) 9841 7411